Tracie Thomas — Warehouse Associate
“The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of the TVS mission. On the struggle days, that’s what keeps me going.”
- Graduated from Rosman High School in 1991
- Started at TVS in December 2018
- College Education: Associate in Arts (AA) from Blue Ridge Community College
- Professional Growth at TVS: Originally hired as an INTERACT Direct Support Professional (DSP). “This was the most personally rewarding job I’ve ever had in my life.”
After 9 months, Tracie accepted the HR Administrative Assistant position before being presented with an opportunity as a Warehouse Associate.
- Warehouse Associate, in a nut shell: “Responsible for data entry of all incoming materials and ingredients and outgoing shipments of Mountain Maid INDM and Low-Fat Bakery Mix. As well as, moving materials from the warehouse and production locations, and assisting in other inventory or logistic tasks.”
- Why TVS? “I had gone through VISION Transylvania in 2015 and toured the facility. I heard about the mission and saw the operation. It was the first place I looked at for employment in 2018 after retiring from elections.”
- Career goals? “I plan to keep working towards using my full potential for the company because I have so much more to give. I just don’t know where that will take me yet.”
- Previous Work Experience: 25 year career at the local election center working as an election clerk and moving up to the election director.
- Favorite part about working at TVS? “The mission first and then the people I get to work with.”
- Favorite TVS memory? “A lot. But thinking back, I would have to say that watching INTERACT participants perform a song in sign language at the Transylvania County jail was one of the best experiences. It was heart-warming to watch the reactions from the inmates.”
- What makes TVS different? “It is all about working together on a large scale. Each department works independently, together to reach the overall goals.”